It’s funny how when you start spending more time styling other people you get less time to look your best self! Between styling gigs, personal shopping and my secret life as a physiotherapist, its gets more and more tiring to shop for yourself. Which makes the bank balance happy I guess.
I love to show you how the basics in anyone’s wardrobe can be used multiple times and multiple ways.
1. The Blazer (Helmut Lang): I bought this last year after looking unsuccessfully for years for the perfect blazer. Like many people my shape is not typically “off the rack” size. My shoulders are broad, smaller bust, long arms and high waist. So blazers that fit around my shoulders are too big everywhere else and more often than not, never fit my long arms. So I decided to up the price range and stepped into one of my favorite stores in Melbourne (Marais) and look for my perfect blazer. I walked out with this great Helmut Lang piece (on sale at 40% off) and have rarely taken it off since. Great cost per wear value.
2. White Tee (General Pants Co.): I have worn this tee with denim cut-offs, skirts, jeans and suit pants. I grant you that most white tees don’t last too long (hello, yellow armpit stains), so that is why I don’t spend too much on them. I love a tee that can be used and abused with no stress.
3. Black Trousers (David Lawrence): I struggled for years to find the perfect black pants but more recently I have found more frequent success. I love the timelessness of these pants with their slight nautical theme of side buttons, makes you feel less corporate and slightly more relaxed. The pant is perfect for a button down blouse or like I have added, a simple white tee. I go for fit, comfort and versatility. Will they work with flats and heels or even a fun sneaker? Pretty much all my black pants are worn multiple ways from a work meeting to a day at the market.
4. Bright Clutch (David Lawrence): A great accessory for an otherwise less than exciting look. The bright accessory draws attention to the great simple details of the outfit. And again, perfect for a work meeting to a night out with the girls.
5. Metallic Heel (MImco): I have had these heels for about 2 years now. And they are my go-to’s for the times when I can’t figure out what else to wear (these and my Nude Jimmu Choo Pumps). You want to wear a heel but the plain black ones are too boring! Mixed with ripped denim jeans, a white pant or black pants, the metallic heel really polishes up a look.
Shot by: Clint Peloso
Wearing: Jacket: Helmut Lang // Tee: General PantsCo // Pants: David Lawrence // Clutch: David Lawrence: Shoes: Mimco (Similar)